Different creative approaches
BILLA is one of the largest grocery store chains in Slovakia, with more than 200 stores across the country. The company focuses on the quality of produce as well as on educating the customers on the importance of quality when it comes to the things they eat.
Almost all of the creative outputs came from us, which means BILLA was a very complex client for us. Here is what we did for them:
- Social media management
- Content creation
- Photo production
- Video production
- YouTube production
- Video animation
- Video drawing
- Creative translation
- And more
Why did BILLA approach us?
When it comes to social media management, BILLA needed the posts to become more authentic. They also wanted to educate the audience using YouTube discussion videos. In general, BILLA was lacking a creative partner, who would cover all the other communication areas, such as newsletters, video animations and international content adaptations. Later, we focused mainly on overcoming the first COVID-19 wave, during which we kept on working for our clients.
How did we solve the inquiry?
BILLA was a complex project with the individual segments interconnected. We took over the social media management, which led to video production, video adaptation and animated video creation as well.
- We approached the content creation for Facebook and Instagram more authentically, using a simple photo production in our studio
- We used simple communication ideas, that would induce the desire to join a discussion and find out more about BILLA products
- We found a suitable voice to record voiceovers and applied it into all the outputs
- We approached Martin Smahel and Boris Bajer, and started filming the show ‘Bez omacky with Martin Smahel’
- During the short videos of the show Bez omacky we prepared quick tasty meals, first with Martin Zahumensky and then with Daniel Hrivnak
- We created a communication manual for overcoming the first COVID-19 wave, which was designed to make the brand more attractive and powerful
- We programmed a chatbot to get a load off the Facebook community management’s shoulders
We know produce
We know the taste of Christmas
… and other variations according to seasons
The BILLA target groups are middle-aged women and men, who take care of the family grocery shopping, so we targeted our communication to these particular segments of shoppers.
What was the result of our work?
From a long-term point of view, we helped strengthen the BILLA brand in Slovakia. The content we created was viewed tens of million times by millions of people in the country. We would like to contribute this to our content creation strategy, which did not include any photo bank images. Videos with an educational character raised the BILLA brand awareness and recognizability as a leader of the communication concept – ‘We know produce’.